Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Cheri's white bean oatmeal cookie recipe

White Bean Oatmeal Cookies

Servings: About 30

Sift together and set aside:
2 c. flour, whole-grain
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
1 tsp. nutmeg

Mix together:
1 c. turbinado sugar
¼ c. coconut oil, melted
½ c. canned white bean, pureed
2 eggs
½ c. skim milk
Blend altogether with the flour mixture and then add:
½ c. pecans, chopped
½ c. raisins
2 c. oatmeal
1 tsp vanilla

Mix well and drop large spoonfuls onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.

Bake: 350ยบ for about 15 minutes.

Nutritional info for 1 cookie:
119 Calories 4 g. fat (28.2% cal. from fat) 3 g. Protein
19 g. Carbs 2 g. Dietary Fiber 14 mg. Cholesterol
29 mg. Sodium

My original recipe calls for ¾ cup melted Crisco. I tried ¾ cup bean but the texture wasn’t quite right, so I tried it again with just ¼ oil and the rest bean. It was great. I’d still like to try ¼ cup olive oil or applesauce with the bean to see how it turns out. I’ve also used bean in place of Crisco in my other recipes and as long as I put in a little oil it tastes great and has a good texture.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Katrina, are these the cookies that you brought to the library?